Amazon Order/Picker Packer
About the job
- Shifts: Overnight, Early Morning, Evening, Weekend.
- Immediate openings are available now.
Become part of the dedicated team that gets orders ready for people relying on Amazon’s service. From flexible part-time roles to full-time set schedules with health care benefits, Amazon has various jobs. Find the correct Amazon opportunity for you today.
Amazon remains open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them. Find out what Amazon is doing to provide a safe environment for employees at this time on our COVID-19 FAQ page.
Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to read and speak English for safety purposes.
Reasons you’ll love working here:
Health and safety are a top priority with all of our roles and sites. We continue to consult with medical and health experts and take all recommended precautions in our buildings and stores to keep people healthy.
- Earn more: You can expect a competitive wage and reliable paycheck when you work for Amazon.
- Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations, HR, and other areas. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- Benefits: Our range of benefits can include health care starting on day one, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more! Find out which benefits you'll get after you choose your role with us.
- Stay active: You’ll be on the move for your whole shift in our fast-paced environments.
Amazon is hiring for the following types of roles in your area:
Delivery Stations: Amazon’s delivery stations are the final stop before an order heads out for delivery to the customers’ door. In this active job, you sort packages into delivery routes. Depending on the shift, we will meet the delivery promises made to our customers. Depending on your location, you’ll work a set schedule with hours that range between full-time and part-time.
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please visit the website.
1) What are the requirements of an Amazon Picker Packer?
- Amazon Picker Packer must be 18 years or above to work in the Amazon fulfillment center.
- Proficiency in some basic English is a must.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Amazon fulfillment center workers must be physically healthy and fit as they have to push, pull, squat, bend, and walk for long hours.
- Amazon Picker jobs include operating heavy machines like forklifts, carts, and hand trucks. You must know how to work with these.
2) What kind of environment is at Amazon picker jobs?
The working environment is quite demanding at these fulfillment centers. The whole day Amazon picker packer work in a noisy atmosphere. You will have hasty and hectic working hours. Full-time workers may have to stand for long hours while doing some activities. Working at the Amazon warehouse also includes carrying heavy stuff around. The work might get repetitive with the same frequent actions. Here, seasonal employment and flexible scheduling perks are also available.
3) Why should I be working at the Amazon warehouse?
- Warehouse full-time workers enjoy paid time off with Amazon.
- The company compensates you for the holidays as well.
- There is an orientation program for you to learn about the job in a complex way.
- The corporation also provides on-the-job training sessions.
- Amazon also has an employee assistance program.
- Flexible scheduling is also one of the perks workers enjoy.
4) How do I apply to work as an Amazon Picker Packer?
- Application - Visit the site and check out the application form for the Amazon picker jobs.
- Complete the online application. Fill in your preferable shift schedule and timings for your new hire appointment.
- New Hire Appointment - Your hiring procedure includes an interview process. Chosen candidates have to verify their documents and identity in this step.
- After the interview round, you will attend an orientation to learn more about the Amazon picker jobs.
- Day 1 - After the above process, you are ready to earn and work at Amazon.
5) How will I check the Amazon picker jobs application status?
Applicants can check their application status with the following process:
- Go to the official website and log in to your candidate account at amazon for the force section.
- Tap on the menu icon, which you can find in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap on 'Jobs I've Applied To' there in the dropdown menu.
- You can check your appointment details under the My Appointments section.
- If the application gets rejected, the company will also state the reason below.
6) What does an Amazon Picker Packer do?
Amazon picker jobs are in the warehouse settings. The role of an Amazon Picker Packer includes physical labor in tasks such as picking and packing the orders, lifting some heavy warehouse products, etc. Working at the amazon warehouse includes picking, packing and uploading, and unloading the ordered product correctly. You might also have to handle stock arrangements and maintain inventory. It is not compulsory to have previous experience, and you can start fresh at Amazon.
7) What are the responsibilities of an Amazon picker packer?
The Amazon picker jobs require the following responsibilities,
- Transfer the items to the packing pallet and pack them in given containers.
- Know-how of forklift tools.
- Organize the stocks properly.
- Track down merchandise to fill picking tickets.
- It is essential to label inventory types correctly.
- Follow all the safety protocols while doing all the tasks.
- Receive the product coming into the Amazon fulfillment center and delivering the ordered items.
- Arrange the products into delivery vehicles as needed.
8) Does Amazon conducts any kind of background check?
Before working at the Amazon warehouse, the company runs a background check on all the candidates to check for any criminal background. Amazon takes a review of the last seven years and will consider all the convictions before hiring. It is essential to maintain a safe and healthy work environment at the Amazon fulfillment center.