We are a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who can build new engineering solutions with a motivated team that will delight our customers. The problem space is well-defined but the solution space is not and strong technical acumen and ability to spot problems at architecture stage would be important. This role requires deep technical expertise, and gives you the opportunity to engineer systems and build reliable and secure services for healthcare. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with technologies to rapidly solve problems. You are a team player, contribute to the execution of team objectives, and leverage technical knowledge and engineering best practices to rapidly deliver solutions that have a broad business impact.
Key job responsibilities
A day in the life
Looking for Software Development Engineers to drive design and development of services in this strategically significant domain who will work with technical leaders to refine technical direction, and then follow through with detailed analysis, designs, and high quality code. They are equally comfortable working with small, focused project teams as well as making major direct contributions to ambiguous project spaces.
We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. As we build out our services, we will maintain a high test driven development bar, with a low operational load.
About the team
Amazons mission is to make it dramatically easier for customers to access the healthcare products and services they need to get and stay healthy. Towards this mission, we (Health Storefront and Shared Tech) are building the technology, products and services, that help customers find, buy, and engage with the healthcare solutions they need.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS* 3+ years developing software solutions
* Understanding software design principles and computer science fundamentals
* Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs at scale
* Curiosity and drive to learn new technologies and business domains
* Prior experience building services on a cloud platform (AWS or otherwise)
* Prior experience working for a consumer-facing technology company
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
* Track record of mentoring other SDEs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.