About the Team
The Fraud team is looking for a Strategy & Operations Senior Associate to reduce the cost of fraud and build solutions to protect our platform from would-be fraudsters. You'll grow familiar with our three audiences Consumers, Dashers and Merchants, and become a point person for understanding user behavior that suggests fraud. You'll investigate cases of fraud and brainstorm solutions to reduce fraud in the long-term. Most importantly, you'll help promote the delicate balance between providing our users the best experience possible while keeping bad actors at bay.
About the Role
Our best Sr. Associates are data-driven, truth seekers, strategic thought partners and operators. They combine business context and analytics to take a problem area and implement a customized solution. Think this is you? Read on
You're excited about this opportunity because you will
- Establish the strategy of DoorDash's approach to fraud - work on the products, pricing and strategy needed to create the market-leading subscription business
- Analyze fraud vectors across DoorDash's platform complete end-to-end analysis that allows us to better identify the bad actors on our platform and improve to improve the experience of good users
- Influence and engage across the company - partner with the product, engineering, and analytics teams to establish goals and build strategic programs
- Improve through experimentation Use data-driven decision-making to run tests on everything to reduce fraud while accelerating growth
We're excited about you because
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, investment banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or subscription business experience
- Experience leading large projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Problem solving and analytical skills, including proficiency in SQL and Expertise in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets/sheets)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination : In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.