FedEx OfficeJob Title:
Assistant ManagerJob Requisition Number:
20660 Homestead Rd
Cupertino, California 95014-0451Category:
Full TimeWork Shift:
Leads a store business unit, focusing on creating a consistent and positive customer experience. Assists in the supervision and oversight of all team members and business operations, monitoring and facilitating all production and retail processes, pick-up and delivery, shipping and quality control processes. Manages store in the absence of the Store Manager. The Store Assistant Manager is required to perform all functions normally performed by the team member.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrates consultative behaviors to ensure friendly, polite, expert service is delivered to all customers
- Evaluates the efficiency and productivity of team members in creating positive customer experiences
- If necessary, resolves customer disputes and complaints to ensure timely resolution and customer satisfaction
- Creates a customer focused environment in all areas of the store (production, retail, self service, and shipping) and monitors the store ensuring a clean and professional environment
- Establishes and manages a process for customer flow in the store to improve service experience ensuring customers needs are met quickly and quality products are delivered
- Provides training and development of team members on assigned shifts by monitoring goals and providing feedback
- Interviews job applicants, complies with all company hiring policies and assists Store Manager with the hiring of team members
- Coaches, counsels and provides feedback to team members on their performance and to ensure adherence to company policies and standards
- Maintains communication with the Store Lead Consultant and/or production team to ensure deadlines are met and quality checks are being performed
- Oversees shipping related services and activities
- Responsible for communication with the Store Manager and team members on daily/weekly/monthly goals, performance to plan, key performance metrics, customer issues and company initiatives
- Complies with and enforces FedEx Office established policies and procedures and maintains an environment of controls
- Assists Store Manager in review and transmission of payroll and daily close out of POS
- Performs all other administrative duties as needed or requested including without limitation scheduling, payroll management, training compliance, daily close-out of POS, bidding, ordering and receiving supplies and inventory controls
- All other duties as needed or required
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- 1+ year of related experience, prior supervisory experience preferred
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidates criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. Americas Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.Recruiting@FedEx.com.