About the Team
DoorDash is scaling at an unprecedented rate, and we are hiring a Sr Director/VP of Retail Partnerships to play a critical role in shaping our future for our Retail Partnerships business. As a leader on the Enterprise team, youre responsible for the strategic vision, acquisition, and development of our relationships with the companys largest partners. This is a critical piece of DoorDashs growth and success in every market in which we operate.
About the Role
As VP of Retail partnership, you will manage one of our fastest growing businesses and continue to build a high performing team. You will lead the strategy and partnerships across one of our most complex business lines requiring sophisticated partnership structuring experience.
You are a highly effective sales and business development professional, capable of engaging in business level and P&L focused conversations with C-level executives at publicly traded companies. You are an analytical thinker who enjoys diving into financial models and mapping out P&L implications of potential deal structures. You can lead a complex, multi-party sales process in a highly consultative manner.
Finally, you enjoy building businesses and new product lines; you like to experiment with new tech and methods to further develop our internal processes in ways that we may not have explored before.
This role reports to the head of Enterprise partnerships.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Scale a rapidly growing businesses
- Lead the largest partnerships at DoorDash
- Lead exploratory discussions with prospective partners to determine market fit, size, and readiness for new product offerings.
- Lead a phenomenal team and continue to scale
- Own the strategy and execution for engaging with and selling into our largest partners
- Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between our partners and DoorDash leadership, product, legal, operations, and other functional teams
- Manage pipelines of target partners
- Nurture and grow existing partnerships
Were excited about you because
- You have 15+ years of business development and operating experience
- You have experience with C-level clients
- You have completed complex contract negotiations
- You have the ability to lead analysis-driven negotiation processes and have proven closing skills
- You have a familiarity with structuring partnerships on behalf of or with technology platforms
- You have analytical and quantitative skills, including comfort directing deal modeling
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have an ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.