About the Team
DoorDash is building a best in class Creative Department to stand next to the biggest names in the industry. We will be populated by diverse, eclectic talent. We take risks, challenge each other, and inspire new ways of thinking. Were here to do the best work of our lives.
About the Role
You will report into a Creative Director on our Creative Studio team in our Marketing organization. The Sr Copywriter will play an integral part in leveling up the creative output. We are creatively ambitious and always shoot for the moon. We are risk takers who want to make work that is culturally relevant and purpose driven.
- Think big while operating at the lowest level of detail
- Own, lead, and/or oversee large creative initiatives
- Support the Content/ Editorial + creative team as needed
- Operate at a feverish pace while never compromising the craft
- Provides thought partnership to business partners and regularly makes recommendations on directions to improve area under scope
- Influences and achieves consensus on direction, priority, and decision making of area under scope
- Quantifies key relationships between different parts of the business to facilitate prioritization decisions
- Contribute to an environment that fosters remarkable creativity
- Nurture and lead the development of remarkable ideas, win advocates for great work, and obsess about the effectiveness of creative in market
- Ensure quality output in everything you do
- Collaborate across the entirety of the DoorDash organization effortlessly
We are looking for someone who has:
- 5-7+ years of creative copywriting experience
- A strong agency background as well as a proven ability to create work for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries.
- Experience working on a sports brand or in the sports category is a plus.
- A reliable self-starter who can handle multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- Experience in a range of digital platforms from social to online video campaigns.
- Great presentation skills, both internally and client-facing. We want you to produce great creative and be able to express your ideas clearly.
- Ability to flex brand tone when applicable. You need to be able to adapt your voice to each project with extreme ease.
- Experience across creative expression and production: traditional, digital, social, experiential, product and ideas that drive earned media
- Experience across highly ambitious, agile teams
- The ability to sell the unexpected
- A driver of change, with a passion for the way the communications industry is evolving
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Flex your creative muscle and produce more work than any traditional agency
- love fast paced challenging work
- Youre ready to sell norm breaking ideas
- You love copywriting as much as the big idea
Were excited about you because
- You are strategic
- You have agency and campaign experience
- You challenge the status quo
- You bring a unique voice to the creative world
- Your portfolio knocks our socks off
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $110,925 - $150,075, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.