About the Team
DoorDashs mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses. To further this mission, were looking for a senior marketing leader, with experience sitting at the intersection of growth, brand and operations, to own integrated marketing strategy & operations at DoorDash.
About the Role
You will lead the integrated marketing strategy & operations team, which sits at the center of the marketing organization and is responsible for strategy & planning, including goal-setting, plan development, resourcing and ensuring execution against aggressive OKRs. The person who fills this position should be able to think about the business like a GM, drive forward highly cross-functional projects like a product manager, and understand how to speak to our customers like a seasoned marketer. Were looking for someone with a proven track record of setting & hitting aggressive business goals, building out high performing teams, and communicating effectively with executive leadership and cross-functional stakeholders. You must be able to think big picture and paint a long-term vision and story one moment, and seamlessly transition to diving into the weeds across performance marketing, analytics, product, operations and creative the next. This candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, lead via influence and vision, and have a roll up your sleeves attitude, strong bias-to-action, and entrepreneurial spirit. You will report directly to the CMO, and will be immediately responsible for a team of 7 high-performing marketing leaders in the org.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Own strategic planning (includes annual and quarterly) for the marketing org, including north star goal-setting, resource prioritization & allocation, headcount planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Sit at the center of the marketing org, and act as the lynchpin between marketing teams (Growth, Brand, CRM, Product Marketing, Creative and more)
- Ensure the team is tracking well to beat goals, and when there is a gap to plan, acting quickly to reprioritize resourcing & budgets within marketing, or collaborating with orgs outside of marketing (product, sales, etc) on creative solutions to solve the problem.
- Build the team that is the face of marketing, acting as primary point-of-contact for cross-functional partners in product, strategy, operations, finance, analytics and other departments to build and execute on holistic and integrated marketing plans.
- Build out the campaign planning ops function within the team to coordinate execution & project management of major marketing initiatives
- Own internal communications of marketing vision, strategy, performance and opportunities to executives and leads across the organization.
- Work to support new business lines and expansion opportunities, including new categories (examples: Grocery, Retail) and new business models (example: DashPass), through advocating and unlocking marketing resourcing and budgets.
- Be responsible for developing shared north star goals and objectives for the marketing team, and tracking performance metrics across functions, reporting progress out to org and senior leaders from brand health to acquisition, retention and production adoption.
- Proactively identify risks to leadership/cross-functional partners and build mitigation strategies in partnership with marketing teams and leads to ensure goals are achieved.
- Work with operations and finance teams to set the right goals and KPIs with the team, and work with marketing partners and cross-functional operators to create integrated plans to achieve these goals.
- Build models and frameworks for budgeting, campaign tracking, and goal forecasting.
- Partner with Marketing leadership and key cross-functional leads to build and deliver investment asks, and/or planning & headcount deliverables.
Were excited about you because
- 10+ years experience in marketing (tech, marketplace, and a mix of B2C/B2B experience a plus), preferably with diverse experience across performance, brand, product and/or integrated marketing
- 7+ years of direct management experience and/or experience managing large cross-functional teams with dotted line reporting structures
- 2 years or more in non-marketing role a plus (consulting, operations/GM role, strategy development, or finance)
- Bachelors degree required, MBA a plus
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, ability to organize information in a high level way to communicate key points to partners and internal stakeholders.
- Experience in both building high-performing teams from 0 to 1, and from 1 to 100
- Deep experience managing towards, and balancing, brand & performance-oriented goals to drive company-level P&L outcomes.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment, with a strong bias to action.
- Ability to synthesize data, make data-driven decisions and balance quantitative measurement with an intuition-driven bias to action.
- Creative and entrepreneurial - you enjoy tackling unsolved problems and finding creative solutions with limited resources
- Storyteller - you know how to distill complex marketing strategies and initiatives into a clear vision and story to drive education and visibility with senior leaders across the org
- Detailed-oriented - you love to manage highly cross-functional, complex projects without making mistakes or missing deadlines, and you build teams that analyze results at the most granular level
- Highly quantitative and analytical - you get excited when insights jump out of the data
- Strategic and business-minded - you find trends in your data and look for the so what
- Collaborative - you love working with a team, and both learning from & teaching others
- Fun - you enjoy what you do and love to have fun!
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination : In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.