About the Team
On the Account Development team, we elevate DoorDash merchants and capture opportunities for growth, engagement, and performance by expanding partnership programs and making strategic deals. We establish success and build a plan to reach new heights, while leading with empathy and demonstrating a merchant-first attitude.
About the Role
We're looking for outside sales team members to join us in an Associate Strategic Account Development Executive role. You will actively seek new opportunities with existing merchant partners and align their business interests with new powerful tools (DashPass, Ads & Promos, Drive, etc.) to elevate their business to the next level. You will ensure the partnership terms suit long-term interests for both DoorDash and the merchant. You will ensure sustained success and increased sales. You will report to the Manager of Strategic Account Development in our Outside Sales organization.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Run your end-to-end sales process, with discovery and complex negotiation skills
- Excite our existing accounts on the potential to increase revenue share
- Close our partners on upgrades, upsells, and cross-sells of DoorDash platform products and marketing promotions
- Use internal data and unit economics to explain forecasted revenue growth and how we offer customized sales packages to improve sales, growth, and brand perception
- Build an internal playbook, while working with our Strategic Partner Managers to close and re-negotiate sales terms
- Travel across your region (up to 40%), while we offer flexible hours and options to work from home
- Have a hybrid schedule, including 1+ days per week in the closest regional office, 1-2 days per week in the field, and 2-3 days remote
Were excited about you because
- You have 3+ years of sales experience with at least 1 years selling to existing client base (upsell, cross-sell, promotions, or expansions) or related experience
- You have worked in an outside sales environment, leading an end-to-end sales cycle
- You align company partners, while managing project timelines and expectations or related project management experience
- You apply Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and related data skills to create compelling sales presentations
- You own client-facing conversations and complex negotiations
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.