About the Team
DoorDash's mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To help further that mission, the B2B Marketing team helps Merchants find the right DoorDash products to grow their businesses. We do this by acquiring new Merchants through paid, earned, and owned media channels to offer our customers the best options in their community, while also creating growth through product adoption efforts, like online ordering through Storefront, and expansion services, like in-app advertising. We take pride in being the trusted advisor to our small-business Merchants, and the prominent Merchant advocate to our partners navigating them through every step of their DoorDash journey and empowering them with the right, personalized resources, education, and suite of solutions to maximize their business, at scale.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced and data-driven marketer with knowledge of online marketing/performance channels to help own our B2B growth strategy, focused on acquiring new Restaurants & Non-Restaurants for the DoorDash Marketplace, while also supporting Merchant success and product adoption.
As a leader on the Growth Marketing Team, you'll oversee performance and growth strategy across marketing channels (Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Online video, Affiliate and email channels) and product channels (Referrals, SEO, App Store Optimization). You will deploy our Merchant Acquisition Cost (MAC) across all performance marketing channels to meet our new merchant acquisition goals, while optimizing for high-quality Merchants and maximizing return on investment based on our budget. You'll lead a team and working with partners on Finance, Creative, Analytics, BI, Marktech and Product to build financial forecasting, develop creative assets, and build tools and dashboarding to better analyze and automate campaign performance. In addition to acquiring and retaining merchants to our core marketplace business, you'll also use paid channels to increase adoption of new products, develop co-marketing programs with our largest merchant partners, and launch in new markets/countries. You will report into our Senior Director of Growth Marketing.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will
- Manage multi-million dollar monthly digital budgets for multiple geos/brands (USA, Canada, Australia, New Verticals, Drive, Services, and more) across all performance marketing channels
- Establish channel forecasts and budget recommendations, with the speed to adjust strategies quickly based on insights and opportunities
- Work with agencies and in-house team to improve media buying in effort to hit growth targets
- Maintain essential metrics across channels including budget pacing, New Merchants, LTV, and MAC
- Manage an experimentation roadmap to optimize performance including A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests
- Test new channels and technology to identify incremental audiences and inventory for accelerating growth
- Write creative briefs to determine program goals
- Work with the other teams and partners to ensure goals are met
We're excited about you because
You're a marketer with demonstrated experience managing multiple paid advertising agencies and in-house teams/campaigns. You take a customer-centric approach, and you're passionate about doing what's right for our customers and brand. You are experienced in A/B testing, optimizing customer acquisition costs, and analyzing campaign performance among your primary competencies. You have experience leading teams and working with c-level executives. Most importantly, you are excited to find opportunities and efficiencies in a company at the forefront of on-demand food ordering. Also, you probably love food.
- BA/BS degree and 8+ years of related performance marketing or consulting experience
- 5+ years experience managing direct reports
- Deep familiarity with CPA, CPC, CPM, and LTV
- Proficient in excel (can perform complex functions), and a grasp of funnel analytics, A/B testing, and metrics-driven marketing
- Experience with organic and paid marketing channels
- Well versed in summarizing complex ideas into recommendations for senior executives
- Experience in a metrics-driven environment
- Passion for Marketing. You keep an eye on the industry, platforms and changes as they roll out.
- Experience with Web & App Tracking/Attribution
- Experience working on multi-sided marketplace businesses
- Interest and passion in on-demand logistics and the food space
- Experience managing large consumer marketplaces
- Quirky talents and interests!
- Creativity- you love working with a team and creatively solving challenging problems
- Fun - you enjoy what you do and want to build relationships with the team
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for all goods. DoorDash is growing and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.