About the Team
DoorDash's mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses. This mission is enabled by our 3 primary audiences (consumers, merchants & dashers).
Across the marketing team, our primary objective is order volume. But on the brand team, we measure the attributes of brand equity and brand preference. DoorDash is the brand that offers the best of your neighborhood and that includes all types of business, not just restaurants, and extends into community actions.
About the Role
The Consumer Brand Marketing team is looking for a customer-obsessed and hands-on marketer to support growth across our U.S. strategic markets. Our North Star is to be the most sought-after delivery partner for high-value local merchants by creating groundbreaking marketing that provides value to our local merchants, drives results, and puts DoorDash and its partners at the center of local culture. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Head of Local Brand Marketing, and will lead local marketing activations in partnership with various high-value local merchants. This role will be responsible for working with General Managers and Merchant Strategy teams to identify high-value merchant marketing goals and lead the pitch, development, execution, and measurement of activations. This role requires close collaboration with cross-functional internal teams and local merchants - the ability to gain consensus across internal and external stakeholders is essential.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Be the force behind launching local merchant co-marketing activations that make our partners famous and successful on the DoorDash app
- Work closely with General Managers and Merchant Strategy to understand our partners objectives/goals and come back with breakthrough creative activation opportunities that bring value and address their needs
- Bring merchants win-win opportunities by leveraging larger DoorDash partnerships (sports team deals, event relationships, etc) or local partnerships you initiate to drive merchant visibility and growth
- Use your entrepreneurial spirit to build our local merchant activations playbook including processes with internal teams and merchant partners
- Analyze, measure and report the impact of marketing efforts to cross-functional teams and merchant partners
- Manage the merchant activations budget
- Manage and work with internal and external creative agencies
Were excited about you because you
- Have 6+ years of related consumer marketing experience and a track record of leading impactful partnership / co-marketing campaigns in a corporate or startup environment
- Thrive in ambiguity and possess a bias for action; you have a knack for making things happen and setting up strategies and process where one doesnt exist
- Strong individual contributor who thrives in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional team environment
- Are a creative thinker and collaborator who can ideate big, but strong in execution to get the work done
- Strategic and business-minded - you find trends in the data and look for the so what
- Have an interest in the on-demand delivery space and are passionate about DoorDashs mission
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $122,000 - $182,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.