DoorDash is building the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're looking for talented engineers to help us develop a 24x7, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDashs three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
About the Team
The Streaming & Realtime Data Platform team manages the infrastructure which enables Doordashs on-demand logistics products and business to obtain data on a near-real-time basis in a reliable and scalable fashion . The domain of work includes messaging via Apache Kafka, Stream processing using Flink and Spark Streaming, OLAP Infra, and Realtime Analytics queries. The team consists of a mix of experienced veterans of stream processing from prestigious companies and some aspiring and highly passionate budding streaming engineers.We're an owner-driven, high-energy, and adaptable team - you can read more about our values below.
If you want to solve the toughest engineering challenges in the world and learn from some of the smartest people in the industry, Doordashs Streaming & Realtime Data Platform is the right place for you. Come join us and be part of the mission.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Help identify the right technical stack to help build and adopt a Realtime data ecosystem at Doordash
- Work with our Data Analysts, Data Scientists, ML Engineers and Data Infrastructure engineers to collaborate on important projects that need Realtime data
- Help build high performance and flexible streaming pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies, techniques, and modeling approaches
We're excited about you because you have...
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience working on stream processing systems in production such as enabling real time data analytics at scale using technologies similar to Apache Kafka, Flink, Spark, Druid, Cassandra, Elasticsearch etc.
- Systems Engineering - you've built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems
Nice To Haves
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Familiar with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- Familiar with Spark, MLLib, Databricks MLFlow, Apache Airflow and similar related technologies.
- Familiar with a cloud based environment such as AWS
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.