About the Team
Our mission is to perfect local grocery and convenience shopping, making DoorDash the default way people stock their refrigerators. We are solving for:
- Maximal local selection: bring local inventory of all convenience and grocery retailers onto DoorDash real-time platform
- Intuitive shopping experience: help consumers find products they seek; delight with unexpected finds; make grocery shopping on DoorDash a breeze - for a quick snack, tonight's meal or entire week ahead.
- Perfect deliveries: consumers get what they ordered, or a great substitution - despite ever-fluctuating in-store inventories. Dashers have the right tools to fulfill orders quickly and accurately.
About the Role
- Grow and lead a full-stack engineering team that exudes product sense and high technical rigor
- Deliver an amazing consumer shopping experience across mobile and web platforms - from great UX to personalized search and merchandising
- Co-own the product vision, metrics and roadmap, partnering with business, product and other teams across the company
- Develop team processes that optimize for experimentation and high product velocity
We're excited about you because
- You have built and supported teams with track record of delivering impactful products
- You have built 0->1 products and have gone through the journey of uncovering user needs through iteration and experimentation
- Understand mobile; service-oriented architecture and/or microservices; have designed data models, interfaces and SLOs/SLAs that have proven effective.
- Are an effective technical communicator - your designs clearly communicate the what/how/why: goals, solutions, trade-offs. Engineers working off your designs are set up for success. Customers understand what the solution will / will not do - and on what timeline.
- Have up-leveled engineers and developed managers
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.