About the Team
At DoorDash, our mission is to empower local businesses and in turn, generate new ways for people to earn, work and live. We are growing and expanding the number of businesses we reach and are exploring ways to enable developers to partner with us on this journey. As the first Developer Advocate at DoorDash, youll be responsible for engaging with technical audiences around the world to influence the adoption of DoorDash tools and create delightful experiences on our platform.
If youre passionate about building relationships with external developers, collaborating with business and engineering teams to create excitement about DoorDash services, and working with new technologies and frameworks, then come join us at DoorDash!
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Define and execute the Developer Evangelism vision and strategy and collaborate to align it across teams
- Participate in and/or support creating external announcements (e.g., conferences, blog posts, demos) to explain our product / its value from first-hand experience to different audiences and get their support / buy-in
- Identify external opportunities to engage audiences to build awareness and excitement about DoorDash integration
- Work hand-in-hand with both the marketing and engineering teams to make sure developers understand and can find the story in our product and technical nuances, and partner with them to deliver success on their integrations
- Gather insights and share user feedback internally to influence the go-forward roadmap
- Produce high quality technical content that enables developers to build experiences on top of the platform
Were excited about you because
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- 7+ years building software and contributing to open source ecosystem
- 5+ years giving talks and developing demos, workshops, webinars, videos, and other technical content
- Written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into simple and intuitive communication
- Meaningful social presence with engaged audience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.