At DoorDash, were building the most reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers! To evolve this network and the experiences built on top of it, we're bringing on experienced experimentation engineers to enable us to ship and measure new features with confidence and clarity.
The Experimentation Platform team builds infrastructure, libraries, automation, and processes to support world class experimentation and analysis. We are increasing our trust in our product data by enforcing a schema and reporting on the health of our pipeline. Future projects include: generalized tracking libraries across our tech stack, developing the next generation of our experimentation framework, building tools to manage our experiment ecosystem, and enabling experiments to target specific cohorts of users.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Evolve DoorDash towards automated feature management - Push forward our tooling and systems towards a North Star of automating new feature release and analysis
- Build and integrate tools - Accelerate the launch and analysis of new features with tooling that makes experimentation easy to implement and understand
- Own your work - Youll be a founding member of the experimentation team and responsible for helping to form the experimentation platform roadmap.
- Govern data - Build and support tooling to ensure the accuracy of our product data
- Influence the organization - Youll partner with engineers throughout the organization to help configure and plan successful experiments and tracking plans
We're excited about you because you have...
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience architecting large-scale applications
- Understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Knowledge of CS fundamental concepts
- A passion for analyzing data to inform decisions
- Growth-mindset and eagerness to expand your skill set
- Adaptability, resiliency, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly!
- You celebrate your successes, but also admit your missteps and learn from feedback were all human
Nice To Have
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience scaling experimentation systems
- Experience developing and socializing libraries in large organizations
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, or related field
- Android or iOS experience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.