About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead our Gifting team in Los Angeles. Gifting is one of three big bets for DoorDash. We are currently making gifting more than a special occasion but an everyday pleasant experience through better discovery of gifts from specialized merchants for every occasion.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Build, lead and grow a team of 8-10 engineers, that will build best in class mobile and web experiences for Gifting
- Collaborate with product to help define and execute on the roadmap of Gifting
- Own the hiring process for your team, by partnering with recruiting to help grow a diverse and inclusive team
Were excited about you because
- You're a strong technical leader with experience building mission critical products and/or platforms
- You will bring your expertise in building and operating high scale systems with a focus on reliability, scalability and solving business needs
- Youre an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- You're humble - youre willing to jump in and youre open to feedback
- You're empathetic - you have deep care for your customers and your team in order to balance product priorities and team growth
- You are adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and youll need to be able to keep up!
- You are growth-minded - youre eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Your desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- You have BS, M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have 3+ years of experience in people management, leading a team size of 10+ engineers
- You have 8+ years of industry experience
- You have prior experience in building and managing mobile & web teams
- You have prior experience working in a Cloud environment such as AWS is a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.