Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on accomplished engineers to help uscreate and maintaina 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDashs three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible. We are hiring at multiple levels andyou willbe interviewed based on your experience.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Work on ourmicroservicearchitecture to build common services (eg: Identity, Authentication, Authorization, Queueing, Notifications, etc.) to ensure and guide other engineering teams to migrate to a service-oriented-architecture
- You willbuild frameworks and tools for identifying scaling bottlenecks (eg: Load testing, Chaos engineering), measuring, monitoring and optimizing our backend performance to ensure high availability, scalability and fault tolerance
We're excited about you because you have...
- 9+ years of experienceas a Software Engineer with excellent knowledge of programming languages, especiallyJava,Pythonor Kotlin
- Knowledge of CS fundamental concepts
- Coordinate the efficiency, scalability, and stability of system resource
- A passion for analyzing data to inform decisions
Nice To Haves
- Develop deployable architecture through code using Terraform on AWS
- Experience deploying microservices onDockerandKubernetes
- Experience working with SQL and No-SQL data stores
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. Thats why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.